Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 6:(Part 1) Headed back to Vegas via the Grand Canyon

Our first course....
Not a great picture...but this is our breakfast view too.
After breakfast we packed up, jumped into the convertible and headed northwest. We are headed back to Vegas, but decided we MUST see the Grand Canyon on the way..It will add about 2 hrs to our trip...but we are OK with that (I think)
We went up and up and up and over mountains.
Have you ever seen a deer crossing sign with such huge antlers on the deer? I haven't.
After driving for about 1.5 hrs, we saw the sign for Williams/Grand Canyon...But....we are still about 55 miles away.
Almost there!
Hooray!
I hope I don't bore you with all of these pictures you will see...but the Grand Canyon is just amazing.
Do you see all those little tiny people in the picture below? That gives you a hint of how BIG this canyon is...

Those dark shadows are the clouds moving across.


You can walk out on this walkway and take pictures...which I reluctantly did...my fear of heights was really put to the test on this trip!





Isn't it incredible? We definitely want to come back and bring the kids...OK guys?

No comments: