Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Easy Peasy NO COOK supper!

 Wanted to share with you a fantastic recipe that requires no cooking, other than boiling some pasta.
[But, I hardly call that cooking, do you?]
You could use leftover pasta too, and then you can even skip that step!

This recipe came by way of my friend K, who got it from another friend. We first had it about a year ago at K's house...and we were WOWed. It's just that good. And super quick to make.

I had been gone all afternoon yesterday at the hospital (working, not sick!) and got home the same time as Jim. We were both starving, but on the way home I knew I had all the ingredients for this mah-velous meal. I had pre-planned it all in my head. (Just like what I am doing for Thanksgiving..lol)
So, without further ado....my recipe for

Asian Peanut Noodles
(w/ chicken and broccoli)




  • Bring water to a boil and add 1 lb of linguini.


  • Meanwhile, into a med sized bowl or glass dish, 
mince 3 cloves of garlic.


  •   add 3 Tablespoons of Rice Vinegar
  • Add 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar

  • Add 3 Tablespoons of Tahini and 3 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter (or all Peanut Butter)
If you have never used Tahini, you are missing out on a very unique flavor, similar to peanut butter, but it adds a great flavor combination when you combine the two.
Tahini separates very easily (the oil) so you need to stir it well before measuring it out.
Keeping it in the frig will help it separate less.
It is much more liquidy than peanut butter. 
[I know, it looks a little gross, here..ha]

  • Then add 1/4 cup of soy sauce;




and 2-3 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil; (do not substitute any other flavor of oil)


  • And 2-3 teaspoons of Chili Oil (these oils range from very hot and spicy to a milder kick)




  • Finally, grate about 1 Tablespoon of fresh ginger into the bowl,


and stir with a whisk

until completely smooth.


  
Meanwhile, with about 2-3 minutes left before your pasta is done, add [to the boiling pasta] about 2-3 cups of fresh broccoli florets (or chopped asparagus, or snow peas, etc)
 
 When veggies are crisp/tender, drain pasta and broccoli and rinse with cool water.


 While pasta drains, prepare optional ingredients.

  • Chopped Scallions...



  • 2 cups of cooked diced chicken...


  • 1/2 of a cucumber, diced


Into a serving bowl, place the pasta and broccoli,

[note:  the original recipe calls for 1/2 lb pasta...which makes the pasta pretty drenched in  the sauce. I usually use about 3/4 of a lb of cooked pasta and it's terrific]
[Totally up to you how much pasta to sauce ratio you would like]
And add the cooked chicken.

Toss to distribute the chicken with the pasta.


Pour the peanut sauce over the pasta...


And toss again to mix well.

Add the chopped scallions, diced cucumber, and sesame seeds.


And serve.

Now, where are those leftovers?

4 comments:

Lyndsay M said...

looks delicious! i loved it when you made it for me when you came to visit in Dallas, too! I need to make this again sometime this week :)

taylor virginia mills said...

so so so good!! I can't wait until I have my own kitchen and I can cook this for myself!

Btw, you have very manly hands in the scallions picture :)

Annie said...

hahaha..that is my sous chef's hands! (aka DAD)

asmplelife said...

Oh.My.Gosh. That looks so delicious. Gotta go now...on my way to the grocery store for some missing ingredients....