Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fa La La...Trader Joe's

 
I promised a post about my favorite purchases from some of my favorite stores. First up is
and I am thinking that if you haven't been to a TJ's yet, it probably means you don't have one near you!
(Like my poor cousins in northern VT....no Trader Joe's in ALL of VT!)
(or a Target, either!..they are deprived)
Now, despite the fact that Trader Joe's stores are small, they fall definitely into the realm of small and mighty. They carry more cool stuff in their little stores than you could possibly imagine.
Here's a good description off of their website...
"At Trader Joe's, you won't find a lot of branded items. Instead, you'll find unconventional and interesting products in the Trader Joe's label as well as everyday basics"

Shopping at Trader Joe's is not just grocery shopping...it's FUN. They hire the best, most cheerful people you have ever seen, too. They don't have sales, and they don't advertise. (Except a bit on the radio) To see what I mean about fun, their flyer says it all..read it here.


Three things keep me coming back to TJ's:
  • They have products that you have never seen anywhere else, at prices too amazing to pass up.
  •  They have products that I buy regularly, also at prices too amazing to pass up.
  • They have products that are amazingly good....and here are my favorites:

 Condiments
You have already heard me sing praises to their sundried tomatoes...


 Cheeses
The best cheddar on the planet: English Cheddar with Carmelized Onions


 Frozen veggies
The bag of red, yellow and green peppers is so good, 
and the roasted frozen corn is awesome on barbecued chicken pizza


 Cookies
Yum...think OREO's with peppermint inside.

Mini Pita breads
 THE must-have bread item to eat hummus with...


 Flowers
Beautiful, fresh, long lasting and cheap.


Vinegars
My favorite is TJ's rice wine vinegar, but my friend K 
turned me on to this one.


Nuts and seeds
for my granola, naturally

Crackers and snacks
Love these..like eating an everything bagel on a cracker

Oats, etc.
Adds a new dimension to my granola,
and it's organic.
And dare I say it again, cheap?

Cereals
Barbara's Peanut Butter Puffins...
Healthy cereal that tastes sublime at half the price of a typical grocery store

 Great selection of olive oils


Holiday favorites...
like this yummy spiced cider (and the Peppermint Joe-Joes!)


3 comments:

taylor virginia mills said...

mmmmhm! those peppermint oreos were REALLY good!!

Lyndsay M said...

love the new blog header!! i love all these things from TJs. Dan and i have the cranberry spiced cider in the fridge...we bought it last week and we still can't decide if we like it or not!

a simple life said...

where's the nearest TJ? after seeing these photos, i need to get there....