Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shopped 'til I dropped...

These past few days I have shopped...A LOT. 
Shopped so much that I haven't had time to even blog.

Now, if you know me, I don't ordinarily like to shop, with few exceptions.
Yup, I did not get the shopping gene when I was born.

I hate going to the mall.
I shop for clothes only when I absolutely have to.
Shoes? Same thing.
I especially hate shopping when stores are crowded.
So you know what that means come Christmas time.
Ugh.

But, there are actually stores that I can spend hours in.
(Click on all the red links)

Home Goods. (he he, no surprise here, right, dear blog readers?)

Home Goods. 
(I know I said this one already, but it deserves a second telling).

However, where I shopped the last few days WAS some of those "exceptions"!

 First up was a shopping trip to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods..which I was very excited about
UNTIL, my friend K, (who was coming with me) said the dreaded words. 
I need to stop at the mall on the way.
Oh, boy.
I tried to wiggle out of it.
Can you drop me off at Trader Joe's first I said?
(It's across the street from the mall)
But K said it would only take a few minutes.
And, SHE was driving.
She said it would be OK!
Ok, I said.
Just for you, K.

But, surprise of all surprises.
I LOVED the store we went to!
Very cool vibe.
Dim Lights. Sparkly glass. 
Leather furniture soft as a baby's bottom.
Stocking stuffers that cost 20-30 dollars!
Woah. A bit out of my league.
But, as I wandered around the store, I spied their Christmas ornaments
hanging from silver branches.
And affordable!
I hung a few on my fingers, and continued to wander.

A bit deeper into the store I found
I hung an A, J, J, L, D, T, M on my fingers too.
(I am all about red and gold this year!)
Ooo...And I have a great idea for those. 
Just you wait  and see.
I promise it will be the subject of another blog post soon!

Thank you, K, for making me go to the dreaded MALL with you!
It was really fun :)
Thank you for taking me to Restoration Hardware.
(and then leaving right after that!)
My next blog post will show you some of my favorite purchases 
I made at Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Home Goods, and Costco this week.

And one other surprise store that just opened which I loved.
(Thanks, M, for telling me about it!) 
I know Thanksgiving doesn't happen until next week...but these 
shopping days have put me in the
Christmas Spirit!!!!

Fa la la laaaa---lalalalaaaaa!


3 comments:

Lyndsay M said...

i love the letter ornaments!!! May i have the L and D!!!

asmplelife said...

Sparkly and shiny gets you every time!

taylor virginia mills said...

Love the letter ornaments! Sounds like a cool store! Can't wait to see how you use the letters!