Sunday, November 14, 2010

Photo Shoot!

My friend C. sent me a message on FB Thursday:
"Would you like to come on a photo shoot with me tomorrow afternoon?"


It was going to be a beautiful, sunny day and she had been wanting to go back to a great place she had visited earlier in the month (albeit at 6am!) that had some cool "grunge" backgrounds.

Our rendezvous was the library, and I was super relieved to see that C had brought her sweet daughter, K. to model. I was a tad afraid C. was planning on putting me (yikes) in front of her lens..I let out a sigh of relief, and jumped into the car. Twenty minutes later we arrived at the perfect spot...overgrown train tracks, graffiti, [slightly rusted] fire escapes, arched doorways, and turn of the century windows.

In addition.... a bit of old junk and an abandoned item of clothing or two.

Sounds a bit shady you say? Maybe..but a photographers dream spot I tell ya!

We spent over an hour here, (and another hour in two more areas) and met the owner of one of the buildings during our shoot. I think he was a bit suspicious we were vandals!
But we assured him we were perfectly respectable people who happen to like hanging out in graffiti laden areas :)


C's daughter K. could not have been a more perfect model. She patiently turned this way and that, sat and stood, holding this and not, followed us to better lighting, and patiently endured endless adjustments to capture the best shot.




On top of all that, she was not only a lovely model, but incredibly sweet and adorable. Thank you, again, K! You are one awesome young lady.


Big props to C. who has a fantastic artist eye.

She was the one who brought the cool props and asked K. to stand here,
turn this way or lean that way. I learned a ton in one afternoon.
Thank you, C. for the insight, ideas and fun :)


(To see C.'s incredible shots of her daughter that day, click here.)

Here are a few more of my favorite shots I took that day.....



































Can't wait for our next one!!

4 comments:

asmplelife said...

Annie, you got some fantastic shots! I like the shot of K. through the rusty steps, and the pics with the tracks came out great - nice colors and composition.

I'm torn between three of them for my favorite, though. First, I love, love, love the photo with the sunflowers in the front and K. blurry bokeh in the background on the steps. Second, the birdcage picture. The colors are spectacular (we suspected they would be, right?!!!). And third, the photo at the mill pond with the mills in the background and the sun flare on the right. Mmmm. Love sun flare. Makes me think of summer.

Thanks for coming out with me - K. and I enjoyed our time with you. We'll definitely be doing that again!

taylor virginia mills said...

K is so beautiful!!! I love the last picture with C in it! So cute, awesome pictures mom!

Lyndsay M said...

very pretty! i can't get over what a gorgeous spot that is to shoot in...the leaves and the train tracks portion are my absolute favorite...gorgeous!

I have a Grunge action set in my PS that I think would look amazing on these shots.

asmplelife said...

btw, love your new header!!!!