Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reality TV?

Although the TV rarely EVER goes on during the days when I am home...
just don't really like the sound of it in the
background during the peace and quiet of the day....



I do admit that when evening comes...




I am a reality show junkie.

Jim also shares this mini obsession.

My (our) favorite reality shows would have to be cooking themed...Top Chef; Next Food Network Star; Top Chef Masters.


But I also love Biggest Loser (for obvious reasons). Even though the results are skewed and impossible to obtain for the average overweight person, it IS highly motivating.

Jim and I love Survivor, too.
After 20 shows, it still hasn't gotten stale (for us, anyway).

We ALL love
The Amazing Race
...amazingly (ha ha) we didn't start watching this until late in the game...just a year or two ago.
It's a big favorite now.

Jim and I have enjoyed The Apprentice
for some time now....it's fascinating observing how people of
wildly different backgrounds and skills find ways
to work together to get a job done.


Taylor and I watch Project Runway together...love watching aspiring designers at work.


House Hunters International
lets us live vicariously through (usually weird) couples buying properties in exotic locales we can only dream about.

Like the couple who just bought a vacation home for themselves and their 3 kids in Fiji. Yes, Fiji.

There are a lot of shows I DON'T watch too....
I never watch Bachelor, Big Brother, DWTS, Hell's Kitchen, as well as many, many others.
You would be astonished at the sheer #
of reality shows currently playing on cable and network channels.
At least 75. Maybe more.

But our once a year standout fix comes from
Incredible singers; heartfelt stories; laughter and tears.
Always wished I could sing well, but was definitely not born with the gift.
I think that is why I admire it so.

Jim and I were thrilled to hear that Paris, Sophie and Chaz
love American Idol too.

We have had such fun sharing
snuggles on the
couch while critiquing the
singing performances.
My dear nieces and nephew......we will miss you next week!
;0[







1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

Funny how we watch all of the same shows!

Except No Survivor..not a fan.

And yes to Bachelor, and Chopped, and ANTM.