Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A fun ending to our trip

Our last full day (Saturday) in Naperville had lots of us trading whispered conversations...my brother Bob had been planning a surprise 40th birthday party for Erin for weeks and we were trying to keep the party that night a surprise.

"Could you", my brother asked, "plan a girls shopping trip for the afternoon?"

Gee, Bob, twist my arm. I just might be able to do that.

So off we went to gorgeous "downtown" Naperville--full of really cute restaurants and shops like Talbots, Coldwater Creek, Chico's, Barnes and Noble, etc.
Here is a google stock picture of the downtown:
We started (Mom, Sophie, Erin and I) with lunch at a great restaurant
(thanks for the treat, Erin!)
to get lots of energy for shopping :0)
My favorite stop was this great little kitchen store...I could have spent HOURS in there.
http://www.surlatable.com/home.do
After four hours, many shops, and a bit of $$$ spent, Bob texted me...it's time.
We headed home to get ready for what Erin thought was dinner reservations at her favorite Italian restaurant.

But a short time later, the surprise was sprung.


Erin's brother flew from California to wish her Happy Birthday...

And got a huge hug from his sister :0)
Yep, Paris is right...it's hard to believe her Mom is 40 with that gorgeous TAN.
A big thank you for hubby..








Happy Birthday, Erin!!!

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

your pictures made me tear up! they truly captured the emotions of the day...:)