Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Off I go...


Headed to Chicago for a little while to visit the dear bro and family--and I am so looking forward to seeing them and also catching up on some reading.....
maybe I can squeeze in a little book time here and there in-between kid activities!
Here are the books I am bringing with me to read...First, a couple of novels:
The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
Our book club selection for April...it's not even out in paperback yet, and it is #1 on Amazon's bestseller list...has 1,700+ positive reviews already. Can't wait to dive in.



Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
The first of three in a series...looks to be a really fun read and has some good reviews.


And a few non-fiction selections.... Paddling Cape Cod by Fred Bull.
Since Lyndsay and Dan will be living on the Cape soon, Jim and I are figuring on showing up on their doorstep some weekend, with a suitcase in one hand and a paddle in the other.


My Life in France, by Julia Child
I have wanted to read this ever since we saw Julie and Julia...LOVED that movie.
It's inspired me to add something to my bucket list.
Cook every recipe in an entire cookbook and blog about it!
(of course, it's going to have to be a WeightWatcher cookbook, tho :)


In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan
Comes highly recommended by my local food expert: My Mom.

No comments: