Friday, September 3, 2010

Hooray

One of my favorite blogs had a great post today...you can read Ali's blog here.

Ali's recurrent theme over many months and years she has been writing (both on her blog, scrapbooking entries, journal entries and books) is to
CELEBRATE the EVERYDAY.
Not celebrating just special moments, like birthdays and holidays, but celebrating the everyday journey.

Exactly what my friend Gayle wrote about on her blog recently.

For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:
"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


What provoked the blog post today for Ali was getting this
IKEA catalog cover
in the mail recently.
This catalog also happens to be sitting on my beside table.

So I thought, like Ali, I would write about the everyday moments I am celebrating today:

Hooray for alternate Fridays when my hubby works from home.
Hooray for my 3 children who are all incredible kids who work hard at doing the right thing.
Hooray for fall flowers still blooming in my garden.
Hooray for breakfast at our local little restaurant 5 min from our house.
Hooray for jeans that have been worn just enough to be soft and slide on easily.
Hooray for end of the summer soft serve ice cream cones.
Hooray for corn on the cob and tomatoes off the vine.
Hooray for peaceful kayak trips.
Hooray for long weekends.
Hooray for days and nights spent with family and friends enjoying the sweet summer evenings.
Hooray for unexpected checks in the mail.
Hooray for good books that keep you up way too late at night.
Hooray for a furry little dog that also tries hard to do the right thing, and usually succeeds.
Hooray for little Mason jars that hold my end of the summer blooms.
Hooray for email, texting, and, yes, even Facebook that keeps me connected to my children, friends, and family.
Hooray for laughing, and crying uncontrollably, because they both offer a welcome release.
Hooray for my little window air conditioners, who keep chugging along and make us happy on these way too hot days.
Hooray for our house that we live in, where lots of love and life has happened,
despite the fact that it needs painting. (and cleaning.)
Hooray for my everyday life.







1 comment:

Taylor said...

i love this mom!