Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birthday sharing

In honor of my birthday today...I interviewed myself.
30 questions..for the 30th day of the month.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My mother was never given a middle name when she was born, so she picked Ann as her confirmation name and used that as her middle name...and so her first daughter (me) was named Ann! I became an Annie to a lot of people when I was 22...started working where there were two other Ann's...so I was nicknamed Annie. (which my family had called me sometimes)

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Watching Biggest Loser on TV...the stories of the contestants are heartbreaking.

3. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Leftover meatloaf sandwich..with lettuce and mayo...yum

4. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
3 awesome kids; girl 24, boy 20 and girl 18-- and now a new son in law :)


5. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes, and 3 out of 4 of my wisdom teeth too :) I don't like to give up body parts..lol

6. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
ah...no...i am a fraidy cat. I don't even like (hate, actually) to fly in airplanes!

7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
my homemade granola, followed by Barbara's Peanut Butter Puffins cereal.

8. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Nope...waste of time.


9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Friendly's Vienna Mocha Chunk

10. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
How they interact with their kids


11. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
That I am a big fraidy cat.

12. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
I miss having my kids around to do fun stuff with and also our friends who moved to Florida :(

13. WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT?
My husband, my kids, birth, breastfeeding, photography.
Also, my book club I started 9 years ago.

14. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The rain and the wind outside...very relaxing

15.. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Onions carmelizing on the stove; homemade bread baking; and newborn babies.

16. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My daughter Taylor a few minutes ago wishing me Happy Birthday :) (the other two kids called just before that :)

17. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach house, hands down. Love the ocean.

18. FAVORITE HOBBIES?
Photography, Scrapbooking and Kayaking


19. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
I wear one contact...which I rotate from my L to R eye every few days

20. FAVORITE FOOD?
Bread..any kind...and spaghetti and meatballs.

21. PLACE YOU WANT TO VISIT?
Any place in Italy and Paris, France

22. RETIREMENT PLANS?
Love New England, but hate the COLD winters. Would like to escape the cold weather for a couple months. Yes, that's right. Become a snow bird...lol



23. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Decadent chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream tied with blueberry pie w vanilla ice cream


24. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Hard to choose...I am a junkie for both, but laptop prob wins.

25. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Pillars of the Earth...and I have to hurry cuz it's overdue! It's AWESOME, but it is almost 1000 pages!

26. FAVORITE SOUND?
Ocean waves

27. HOW MANY SONGS ON YOUR IPOD?
452..a mix of new songs and oldies, classical, jazz, and even some rap!

28. WHAT IS THE BEST PLACE YOU HAVE EVER VISITED?
Acadia National Park in Maine...been there 18 times


29. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Raising three kids to be incredibly awesome human beings who I am so VERY proud of. (hubby helped here too ;)

30. DO YOU LOVE YOUR LIFE?
Oh, yeah. I sure do.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

love this! and i would like to point out that i think i am actually officially the child who lives closest to you....after 4 years of being very far away! you need to come visit soon!

taylor virginia mills said...

I loved reading this! I don't know anyone who unties their shoes before they take them off :)

asmplelife said...

overdue?!!!!

Lyndsay said...

i untie my shoes always...