Monday, March 16, 2009

Yeasty Goodness

Since I received my Kitchenaid Mixer (for free!) a couple of months ago, I have been experimenting with yeast breads....so far our favorite has to be the rustic loaf of French Bread that I make quite often. We hosted our Saturday Night Supper Club this past weekend, and I made a loaf for dinner..with the leftovers, I made some delicious Winter Bruchetta.
SO good for a light Sunday supper.
Mixed some plum tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, garlic, dried basil (I would rather use fresh, but won't pay grocery store prices) and onion. Toasted the leftover bread slices (brushed with olive oil) first in the broiler, then spread the tomatoey goodness on, sprinkled some shredded mozzarella, and then popped it back under the broiler for a few minutes...to die for.
Served with a green salad...it made a healthy, delicious, quick supper.
Even Taylor and Joe, who are not overly fond of tomatoes, loved this recipe.
Can't wait to try it this summer with tomatoes right off the vine and fresh basil.
Also made some rye bread this morning since we were out of sandwich....this is our second favorite bread, and today I tried out a new recipe.. and it smells delicious!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Woww, that looks delicious. I'm really hungry right now so my mouth is watering just looking at the pictures. I may have to steal the recipe! (Without my own homemade bread, of course.)

Lyndsay said...

mmm i could go for some winter bruschetta....although its about 75 here!