Thursday, March 26, 2009

Music Junkie, Part 2


I would have purchased 2 more songs today that I really wanted, but unfortunately (or fortunately for my music budget) they are not available for download until tomorrow. If you are a fan of American Idol, you know that Adam Lambert and Anoop Desai rocked last night when they sang Tracks of my Tears and Ooo Baby Baby respectively. Jim and I got chills listening to them..they were unbelievable. Can't wait to download the songs from iTunes in the morning!

Here are the rest of my top 10 favorite songs (#6-#10) that I have recently downloaded to my iPod...(at least they are my favorite today) I have lots of songs in my music library now...some purchased, lots Taylor has shared with me, some from CD's I have or borrowed.

#6...One of my favorite all time songs, no matter the artist, is Amazing Grace. I love almost every rendition of it. But a couple of years ago, I heard Ruben Studdard (yes, another Am Idol winner who is in fact singing on American Idol this very moment...) sing my favorite song. Well, after listening to numerous other people singing this gospel ballad, I kept coming back to Ruben, and it was his version that I downloaded.

So #6 is Ruben Studdard singingAmazing Grace

#7.....KT Tunstall singingBlack Horse and the Cherry Tree
an infectious, have-to-get-up-and-dance tune; it rocks.

#8...Plain White T's singingHey There Delilah
a beautiful, melodic, hypnotic song.

9.....Beyonce singing
If I Were a Boy
(and Single Ladies I love too)

10......
Yael Naim singingNew Soul
This song blew me away from the get-go.

Hope you enjoyed my double posts on music...it's my new obsession!!

No comments: