Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I am officially a junkie..

Not that I needed another excuse to be online...but have one I do. Last week Taylor bought and received a new iPod from Amazon to replace her old one which was full. She graciously handed down her old one to me and it has transformed me from someone who occasionally listened to music to an iTunes junkie. I do have an iPod Shuffle, but the Shuffle's inability to let you "see" what is playing is a real handicap...and it holds a very limited amt of music. Once I got the iPod Nano from Taylor I downloaded all of my favorite CD's, created an iTunes music library on my new laptop, and established an account at the iTunes store. I have already spent $9 in the last couple of days buying some of the songs on my long wishlist..it's just too too easy to buy songs, don't you think?

Here are the some of the songs I bought...and just can't listen to them enough...

1.Anoop Desai (from American Idol) singing
Always on My Mind

He sung this on the show last week....and I fell in love with his voice.
Anoop, you are always on my mind!


2. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
singingSomewhere Over the Rainbow

If you have never listened to this man singing this classic...you have missed the best rendition of this song...yes, even better than Judy Garland.
Check it out on YouTube!

3.& 4. Two songs from an artist that Taylor recommended to me.....by the name of
Jason Mrazsinging
Lucky and I'm Yours
They are both awesome...he has an addictive melody to his voice.


5. A classic that needs no introduction.....Louis Armstrong
singing
What a Wonderful World


Part 2 of my new songs tomorrow!



1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

I love Jason Mraz as well :) It is too easy to buy songs...and you keep thinking, its only $1 and then all of the sudden, you have bought 20!