Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wow...It's 2009!

Hi...and Happy New Year!
I apologize for abandoning my blog for so long...one of my resolutions for 2009 is to blog at least every other day or more.

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted! So many photos have been taken since then...Christmas, NY eve, and some redecorating are among the few hundred I have taken since mid December.
Jim and I were very busy this past week with a huge project: redesigning the scrapbook room into an office/craft room. I wanted the end result to look more professional, yet keep all the elements in place that make it a work/craft friendly room, too.
Most of the work involved patching, sanding, taping, 3 coats of paint...and then a remix..moving furniture around in 3 rooms...creating a huge huge mess! Almost everything in the room now we already had somewhere in the house...and repurposed it. A couple of new things...a rug and drawer unit from IKEA. Oh, and a red desk lamp :)

First...here are some before pictures...







And now....ta da..the after pictures!







We are so glad it is finished...I spent many hours going through all my supplies and weeding out things I won't need or use anymore..I know a preschool class that will be happy to get some new craft items!












2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! The room looks fantastic. Is that Lyndsay's old room? I thought I recognized the sponge paint...

I'm also leaving this comment to let you know that I started a blog - thanks for the inspiration!

Lyndsay said...

MOM it looks awesome!!!!


and yes Sarah, that was my old room!