Wednesday, January 21, 2009

16 Things....


Ok...fun idea that I got from reading one of my favorite blogs.

Post 16 things about yourself on your own blog.



Sure, why not?

After you read this..it's your turn.

Here we go......


1. I am just finishing up a wonderful book called Those Who Save Us.

I was initially reluctant to read it as novels about the Holocaust usually give me nightmares.


2. Foods I can't live without: hot tea w/Splenda and skim milk....


...hummus....baby carrots....salad....pasta....homemade pizza.....ice cream...yogurt+granola.....toast w/ jelly.



3. I'm inspired by this and this and these pictures: Behind the Scene


4. In my senior year of high school I debated between majoring in nursing and political science. I loved history and took lots of electives in that subject in high school.



5. I take hundreds of photos a month. I badly need an external hard drive.




6. I would listen to talk radio over music in the car anytime...except for Rush Limbaugh.




7. I hate exercising, but love going for walks with my two of my honey's....husband and dog.

I love hiking, too.




8. I wanted to be an astronaut when I was in high school. I had a secret desire to live on another planet. I think it was Neil Armstrong's fault.

9. Ironically I have a fear of flying today...a really bad fear of flying....a need to request meds from my dr. fear of flying. Started on 9/11.

10. I loved every minute of being pregnant, felt privileged to be giving birth, and was passionate about breastfeeding my babies. Not one of them ever had even a drop of formula.

I hope my daughters feel the same way someday.

    11. The one music piece I never ever grow tired of hearing?

    Pachelbel's Canon in D Major

Listen to it here

    12. I am a reality show junkie...my favorites are American Idol, Top Chef,

Biggest Loser, Survivor, Project Runway, and Extreme Home Makeover...w/tissues handy.

13. I feel true peace and relaxation when I am camping,

sleeping in a tent under the stars and cooking on an outdoor fire.


14. I started and still belong to a Book Club, a Supper Club and a Dog Hiking Club.

    15. I can no longer watch movies with a violent theme. Just too intense for me. That being said, I do watch one of the best shows on TV....24.


I can't sleep for hours afterward, though.



16. My passions? My husband, my children, my career, my friends+extended family, my camera, my scrapbooks, campfires.

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

awww I really like this post! I have never tried inserting a link like that into mine....
were there ideas about what kinds of favorite things to post? or did you come up with those on your own?

I can do one like that, maybe this weekend when i have more free time!