Sunday, July 20, 2008

A kayakin' kind of day: Day 155

It was so very very hot and humid today, so we threw the kayak on the car when we headed out to the Farmer's Market....it was almost too hot to even think about being outside, but we were pleasantly surprised to find that out on the water, there was a beautiful breeze and it was quite comfortable. Alot of other kayakers/canoe people felt the same way, cuz there were tons of people at Mansfield Hollow State Park.
I know there aren't any in this picture but, we went WWWWAAAAYYYY down to the other side of the lake where it was quieter..

Me experimenting with my timer button.....darn it, I forgot my sunglasses and I really really needed them.

Another attempt at taking a picture without looking!

There's this really cool tunnel you get to go under....it is REQUIRED that you make strange, juvenile noises when in there...


We were beginning to hear some rumbles of thunder and spotted some dark clouds, so we headed for the boat ramp and our car...

We tried to drive right on by here on our way home, but our car just took it upon itself to turn right into the Dairy Bar driveway...and I'm glad it did, cuz I had the best coconut ice cream I've ever had...so so yummy. It was so hot out, it was melting faster than I could eat it, but it was still so delicious.

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

awww that looks like such a fun date! i miss the dairy bar, is the coconut ice cream new???
it was hot here today too...ugh