Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Giving back

 The above picture is a small glimpse into the evening I hosted our Novel Women Book Club about a week ago.
Although it LOOKS like all we do is stand around chatting, snacking and drinking wine, we actually DO discuss books...eventually. ;-)

But this blog post is not about books, nor wine, and I will not be redundant and tell you again how much all of these women have given to me over the last ten years. No, it's not about that, either.

Our little book club is going to be taking on a new project over the next several months. I will be announcing it soon to all of our members in an email, but I will give you a few hints:

1. It's about giving back, and offering support.
2. It's about saying thank you.
3. It's about making a difference in someone's life.
4. It's about that feeling you get when you help someone who would never ask for themselves.
5. It's about doing the right thing.

I will end this post here, with a story about giving back, and asking for nothing in return.
Click HERE

3 comments:

asmplelife said...

Oh.my.word. That is just the sweetest story. I have to go find some tissues.

And your post is so timely for me. We are doing a study on the book of James at church and just finished Chapter 4. The last verse? "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them." So, yes, we need to do good things. It's been commanded.

taylor virginia mills said...

ahh i'm crying!!

mjg said...

Wonderful...yes, tears are rolling ...I am looking forward to our giving back...even though I think I am missing this months book club (but its to fly back with mags ..to go see julie:)