Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring has sprung..despite the snow on the way!

Despite the fact that the weather forecasters are calling for a nor'easter tonight--which after this winter season of forecasts--it is completely understandable to ignore those weather predictions. I mean, I would bet that they were only "right" about 50-60% of the time. 
So I will rely on the best predictor [and what all of us do anyway] by looking out the window tomorrow morning.

It's April Fools Day tomorrow and although Mother Nature may have the last laugh, 
'round these parts Spring is happening.


It's happening outdoors.....

 And indoors!

Once a year out of the linen closet tablecloths have been freshly washed....

New tableau's have appeared on the kitchen table...


A Home Goods "find of the week" has to be this green mallard...since he/she reminds me of one of my very favorite books I read to my kids.


 Bunnies and jelly beans are also popping up here and there....





Winter mantles are now Spring mantels....in shades of yellow and green.

 Many hours have been spent surviving March Madness BB games...some of 
which will creep into the early days of April.


 It may be a bit chilly for real pansies, but purple and pansy scented candles are a close second.


 This fly swatter has a spring flower decoration to make nice before the bloodbath ensues.


 Even the mail has brought signs of spring into the house....





 And jewelry stands have been re-purposed into egg holding stands.

 

 And a spring scarf knitted last summer has finally made it's way into the 
everyday wear regular rotation. 

So many birds have appeared at the bird feeder that I succumbed to buying...

 a new app for my iPhone :)


And finally I will leave you with the coolest homemade spring banner I have ever seen!
Can you guess what those eggs are made from?
Paint chip strips!
Is that awesome or what?


4 comments:

taylor virginia mills said...

That fly-swatter thing is hysterical!! Seeing all these pictures makes me want to be at home! I can't wait for Easter :)

Such a creative idea for leftover paint chips!

a simple life said...

I LOOOOOOVE that paint chip banner!!!! Must make one! What a fantastically colorful banner for spring and Easter....thanks for sharing =]

P.S. Your home looks so pretty with all those spring touches. And I love your spring scarf. What a great post! Cheery, uplifting, and just what I needed on this "snowy" night!

Lyndsay M said...

wow! beautiful table and mantel "scapes", i love them! I was at a networking reception in Boston last night and got home after 11:00PM, there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground. It was all melted this morning though...no sign that anything white and fluffy occurred!

Gayle said...

Wow, Ann! A lot of Easter decorations for an empty nester! I love how you turned the earring stand into an egg holder!
Great idea!