Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My week of love.

My week of Valentine 
L.O.V.E. 
began a few days before Feb 14th when my winter amaryllis suddenly began to bloom a gorgeous shade of red.









That same day, Valentine sweets and treats were packaged up and sent off to my littlest darling away at college.










As the Valentine weekend began, my middlest Valentine darling showed up on the doorstep for a weekend home from college with happy news (an INTERNSHIP! at INTEL! in CALIFORNIA! for the whole SUMMER! and best of all PAID!) and I had an early Valentine/late birthday present for him too.


An iPhone of his own!





And my eldest Valentine came home the next day to spend the weekend!
(Minus the hubby who just happened to be in PARIS (yes!) working, on VALENTINE'S DAY.)
Ahem.



(Our Valentine's breakfast snuggled up at the "Wagon" with Dabi)










 And (kind of) heart shaped peppers were stuffed for a special dinner for the four of us.

The next morning my own funny Valentine made heart shaped strawberry pancakes for all of us....yummmmmmm



































 I woke up Valentine's morning, came downstairs, and saw this:
 A love note from my honey, nestled right up next to my to-do list.

 Joe had an eight o'clock class on Monday, so he had to leave on Sunday, but Lyndsay and I celebrated one more thing together and took Dabi to breakfast before she left for the Cape.

 With both of our children headed home to their own abode's, Jim and I were back to being empty nesters just in time for a romantic evening.


We began with wine, cheese and a glowing fire.




And we finished off our Valentine's Day cooking an amazing dinner together (Shrimp Scampi Linguine)  with side dishes of candles, cards and flowers.

Ah, love.



"We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love."
Mother Theresa

2 comments:

Lyndsay M said...

i love this! i never noticed that the peppers we were eating were heart-shaped :).

Looks like you and dad had a delicious meal together to celebrate!

taylor virginia mills said...

Beautiful photos, love the one of Lynds and Dabi!

Very cute V-day post :)