Monday, December 17, 2007

My shrinking paycheck....

Well, the phone rang AGAIN at 5:05am this morning, letting me know that there was another late opening for Ellington Schools, which means I don't go into preschool today. I miss my students (and the $$ I am not making) and can't wait to go back tomorrow. This is the 4th late opening in the last 2 weeks!


It was nice to sleep in a couple of extra hours, especially since Joe, Taylor and I were out at 9pm last night trying to scrape a thick coating of ice off the driveway and sidewalks. We were completely soaked to the skin from freezing rain, but we did manage a small improvement to the traction on the driveway.


Mikko followed us around, barking furiously at the shovels. How soon she forgot what shovels are. It was hard not to grumble about living in New England on days like this....especially since tomorrow's wind chill will be below zero. [[shiver]]


Joe and Taylor were thrilled to have school start 2 hrs late, of course. Taylor has a bad cold, so a short time after she left for school this morning, the high school nurse called and said Taylor wanted to come home. Taylor had a slight fever and a terrible head cold...I loaded her up with some peppermint tea with honey, tucked her in on the couch and gave her some laundry to fold! LOL





I spent the day finishing up the homemade ornaments for the Chicago clan.


It was quite fun to do, and despite one small injury when one of the glass bulbs smashed in my hands, it went fairly smoothly.


Here are 3 of the 4 finished ornaments....





Taylor helped me wrap a few last minute additions, and then I packed up the box for mailing. (Shh...don't tell, but we are the LaPoint's Secret Santa!)





Tomorrow starts another round of ornament making, as I am going to whip up 10 more...one for each of my preschoolers.



Time for bed....goodnight.



1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

I love them!!!
Can you make one for my tree?? It's so bare!