Monday, April 11, 2011

My new project [30 recipes in 30 weeks]

Starting this week, I will be posting one NEW recipe 
a week for the next thirty weeks.

I'm calling it my 30x30 project.

My (self imposed) rules: 
#1Each recipe has to be one I have never tried before. 
#2 Each recipe must be from a different place.

This means for example, if I use a recipe from Pioneer Woman,
  I won't use PW again for the 30x30 time period.

I have LOTS of cookbooks in my house. 
Most of which sit there, looking pretty.


Well, not even that, because I have stuck most of them in a cabinet, far from view. 
Some of these may actually get to see the light of day.



Some recipes may come from my overstuffed recipe clipping file, too.















Some will come from food blogs I have bookmarked, but have never returned to.
I will be posting the recipe and a review weekly, along with photos.

The recipes will MOSTLY be main dish recipes, 
but there will be a sprinkling of other categories too.
Breads/muffins
Appetizers
Desserts
Salads
Etc.

As I said, the recipes will be posted weekly, but the day will vary, depending on my work schedule.

You will know there is a new recipe posted if the blog header reads 30x30.[number]
(For example, if it was the fourth recipe to be posted it would read 30x30.4)

I've already picked out the first recipe!

It's from this cookbook....
There is a story behind this cookbook

.
Jim and I really like Giada De Laurentiis.
She has a great show on Food Network. I love her cooking style, and Jim, well,  
Jim loves Giada too.
But, not ONLY for her cooking talents.
No sireee, Boob, er, I mean Bob.

Anyway, there is this bookstore in Madison, CT called R J Julia's. A great, locally owned, must visit kind of bookstore. One of the few remaining non-chain bookstores.

Since I am on their email list, a few years ago I found out they had invited
GIADA there for a book signing.
I immediately ordered her latest cookbook from the store,
which put us in a queue for her book-signing event coming up.

Alas, the day before the book signing, Jim had issues at work and couldn't take the time off.
My mom filled in at the last minute, and we had a lovely day.

But, when I met Giada, I did tell her that my husband really loved her and was very sad he couldn't be there. She was sweet, gracious and told me to say hi to him from her :)
She is even more beautiful in person...Jim  really missed out!


He was a little consoled with this, however.

Watch for the first recipe to be posted sometime later this week!

2 comments:

Lyndsay M said...

oh this is exciting!! i like this challenge...wow, though, the hardest part for me would be to have to use a different source each time. Although, like you, i have about 10000000 cookbooks sitting on my shelves (actually looking pretty!) and they mostly just stay there. maybe i should try this challenge too?

asmplelife said...

I love this idea! Hmmmmm....may have to try it along with you!