Thursday, December 2, 2010

Out with the old, in with the GOLD!

On Monday, I packed up all my fall decorations. Into FOUR boxes! Yikes. That did include Halloween stuff too, tho. But wow. Maybe I went a teensy-weensy bit overboard.

It will be exciting to pull them all out next year, but right now, I was glad to see them GO. September through Thanksgiving is a looooong time to look at decorations.

With plans for more tweaking as the Christmas boxes are brought up from the basement one by one, I merrily started transforming the house from a Harvest Theme to a Red/Gold/Christmas Theme. 

Some of the decorations are new...remember when I told you I would let you know some of my favorite purchases I made at Home Goods, Target, Whole Foods, and Ten Thousand Villages?

Well, you are about to see them right now :)




First...here is the mantel before:




And, here is a [sneak peek] of the after:

Prelit greenery swag from Costco, gold and red sparkly fruit from Home Goods.
Mirror from Home Goods.


 Red star garland and peace garland from Ten Thousand Villages.

 

(2) Red candle glass hurricane from Home Goods.



 Red and gold ornaments from Restoration Hardware.




 New kitchen tablescape:
Fresh rosemary bush/tree from Whole Foods, 
Glass jars, tablecloth and table runner from Home Goods.
Cinnamon scented pine cones from Whole Foods.
Candy from Target dollar aisle.
Holly from backyard :)
Little red tree from last year.







 Star from Ten Thousand Villages.


 Glass jar from Home Goods, trees from Home Goods clearance last year.
Gold and red ornaments from Target dollar aisle.



 I decorated my half wall with my leftover Mason jars.
All the stars are from Ten Thousand Villages.


 In my dining room, I used my nativity placemats that I have had for years and years.


I found this tiny nativity scene at Ten Thousand Villages.

 My dining room tablescape.

 
 The front door has a beautiful fresh evergreen wreath (Costco) and our Santa flag 
which we have had for many years.


And finally, this box came upstairs from the basement yesterday....

The Advent Box.

My homemade advent stockings that recite the bible passages leading up to the birth of Christ.
25 in all, one for each day of December.

The one for December 1st says:
"In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendent of David".


Today, I hung the second one:


 





 December 2nd: "The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, 'Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you'.



December 3rd....tomorrow.

5 comments:

taylor virginia mills said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Everything looks absolutely AMAZING!!! I love what you've done with the two tables, and the mantel looks so beautiful! I cannot wait to see it all in person! Great job mom!

Lyndsay M said...

i love the decor! those red and gold trees are my favorite. i think i need to stop in HomeGoods after xmas and stock up on the clearance. its a long time to wait to actually use them though!
http://lmcniff.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/lets-give-thanks/

check out the comment in this post...it was meant for you. long story how it got to me. I am sure you can imagine :)

Lyndsay M said...

also-- what is Ten Thousand Villages? i never heard of it...

a simple life said...

everything looks absolutely beautiful, annie! i love all the red - my favorite color right now...also, I love, love, love the advent calendar. did you make that?

Annie said...

Yes, I made them a few years ago, Cheryl...out of leftover scrapbooking supplies :)