Thursday, December 30, 2010

A few of my favorite things

Thought I would post a few items that I received for Christmas that I am so excited about!

The best part of Christmas for me, anyways, is trying to find THE gift that makes the receiver thrilled, excited and hopefully surprised. 
Jim and I spend many hours discussing and looking for that perfect gift(s)for each of our loves.
But, in turn, I am also thrilled, excited and so humbled at Christmas time that my loves have done the same for me! 

This family of mine seems to find 
(even with all of us on a tight budget!) 
what things I just will swoon over :)
Thank you, my sweethearts. I love you.

I had the most wonderful Christmas, and the best part was having all of our kids home with us.
The second best was watching you all open your presents from me (and Dad).

And the third best?

Feast your eyes on the Top Ten:
 A new coffee mug. 
I am very particular about what I drink coffee out of. 
The mug must not be too big, too thick, or have an unwieldy handle.
This one is perfect!!!






 A Home Goods gift card! 
Woooooohooooooo!!!
Feeding my obsession.


 A beautiful orchid. It's so lovely.






I hope I don't kill it.

 
 I have wanted to try to make my own yogurt for quite some time.
Can't wait to test out this baby.

 A super soft, deliciously fringed scarf. 
Divine.







 I am mildly obsessed with The Pioneer Woman.
Have been wanting her cookbook for a LONG time.
I even made her cinnamon rolls for Christmas!
(running back and forth to my laptop to check the recipe...lol)


 Hands down, the best disposable razors on the market.









 It is hard to imagine how great slip-on slippers are when you have had booties previously.


 Now, my French Onion Soup will be served in style, baby.















Not just an ordinary mitten.....


 A texting mitten! 
Way way cool.


Earrings with both silver AND gold.

I love them all!!!
And I love all of you!!!!
 
 

 

5 comments:

Lyndsay M said...

i am glad you like all of your gifts! i do have more fun picking them out for each of you than receiving them myself!

Lyndsay M said...

btw, who got you this yogurt maker? I don't remember this present?

Annie said...

Dabi got it for me!

Gayle said...

Ann, I love your french onion soup crocks! Great color and shape! Who picked them out for you?

asmplelife said...

wow, you had a fantastic Christmas! love the scarf and earrings. and you're absolutely right, it's a great thing when you know you've picked the perfect gift for someone =]