Friday, June 17, 2011

Babies At the Lake

I love ALL of my children, I really do.

Each of them have nestled into my heart in their own special corner.

 But of course, your baby will will always hold a special place in there. 
Just like your firstborn does.
And memories of your one and only son do too.

Precious, endearing memories seared into your soul.


Stories my grandchildren and hopefully great grandchildren will hear out of my lips someday.

I got to take pictures of my baby yesterday.
Yup, my baby girl.
My baby girl who is far far from a baby anymore.
Almost NINETEEN. 
I can't believe it! When did it happen? 

When did those days that seemed to stretch endlessly when they were 
infants become years and decades?

My friend C. (A Simple Life) knows exactly how I feel.
She knows how we will always feel about our babies even when we look at them and see women.
Beautiful, poised, lovely young women.
But always, always our baby girls in our heart.

We took our babies daughters on a photo shoot last night.



 The air was heavy, but our moods were light.



 We were celebrating the fact that not only were our girls willing subjects, 
but also, maybe, just maybe, even enjoying themselves!



They remained cheerful despite swarms of gnats, biting mosquitoes, 
and threats of [gasp] snakes in the tall grass.

 Perfect models, they were.


 Despite the aforementioned annoying insects,
(and negotiating rocky, steep, poison ivy laden trails in completely inappropriate footwear)
we put up with all of it for this....

Gorgeous, gorgeous evening light.

 Light that makes your subjects glow.

 Light that makes beautiful souls shine even harder.


And between giggles, and yes, those "looks" between our daughters 
[oh yes, and from our daughters, too] that are oh-so-familiar, we saw a friendship begin.

 

Moments that make mother's hearts sing.









A couple of rare serious poses sandwiched between boatloads of laughter. 
 I am sure all the fishermen around the lake were none too happy with us.
Oops...sorry about that fishermen.people.

<3

6 comments:

taylor virginia mills said...

I love it!!

Lyndsay M said...

i think the very first pic is my favorite! very pretty girls with sparkly eyes...jealous!

asmplelife said...

You got some absolutely beautiful shots. And you spoke to my heart. You're right...they will always be our babies. Even when they have babies of their own. And we will be out there shooting their babies, marveling at how beautiful they are! We're going to make fine grannies someday, Mrs M! Please let's do this again. K and I had such a good time and I love watching their friendship develop =]

asmplelife said...

P.S. Lyndsay - I'd love it if you joined us next time you're back home with your momma!

Lyndsay M said...

i don't know if i would be any good, but i will try!

Gayle said...

So much fun, Ann! Great pictures!