Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Fall" into decorating

My kids (esp Taylor) have done most of the work over the years..Easter decorations,
Christmas, etc.
I do really enjoy it when it is up..but it always felt overwhelming to know where even to begin. And with kids around, the house tended to be somewhat cluttered (ahem) and decorating around the mess was just not something I was excited about doing.
Once we started, it was OK. It was just beginning that was the hard part.

So I surprised myself a week or two ago.
Browsing through HomeGoods for some dishes, I saw some great fall decorations.
I began to see possibilities in my mind.
I began to get the urge..the urge to bring fall indoors.

The cooler weather helped for sure.
It finally began to feel like autumn.
So a few choice pieces came home with me that day.

And a couple more came home with me a few days later.



Popcorn kernels in a Mason jar!
Stole this idea from a blog I glanced at...

My darling hubby writes me notes everyday before leaving for work..usually on the back of bills (hahaha) or scraps...so this little notepad called to me.


And how stinkin' cute are these sugar + creamers?


The dining room table got dressed up too.



And the mantel...




As well as the family room coffee table...


Cozy fall quilts to snuggle under are back on view.



And mama hen has baby pumpkins to watch over.

Fall wreath on the front door...

Overlooking the Halloween flag on the landing.


Side entrance got the "fall" treatment too..



I really like how it turned out...esp because I know that Taylor will be proud :)




Oh...and I got those dishes I wanted too.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

i love the house! mine needs some Fall love too! Maybe when you come up in a couple weeks, you can help me out LOL.

Annie said...

sure!!!! I would love to :)

taylor virginia mills said...

wow! it looks so good, mom! I love it! I wish you got this urge when I was living there full time!! hahah, i can't wait to see it in person!

asmplelife said...

Everything looks so pretty! I LOVE the mason jars with the candles in them...hmmmm, think I'm going to try that with some candy corn....