Saturday, April 17, 2010

We've been flagged


We came home from a weekend away this week and as our house came into view we saw orange flags all over our front lawn.

LOTS of orange flags.

I guess we were "flagged".


No one else on our street, or even in the neighborhood
has flags all over their lawn.


It reminded me of a tradition I have seen occasionally done in other towns as a fundraiser.
Someone puts pink plastic flamingos all over your lawn while you are sleeping and when you donate money to the cause---they take them away.

It's called getting "flocked".


But somehow, I don't think it was done as a fundraiser.

I think it was a combination of Comcast, C, L + P, and the
Water Company who instigated the flags and the painted designs.
Haven't seen anyone actually working near the orange spots/flags, but....who knows?
It's been almost a week...+ they're still there.
Any ideas???
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Dan wants to know if you paid your taxes? LOL

Annie said...

Um..tell Dan, yes...at least, I think we did.

Lyndsay said...

any word on the flags??

Karen said...

Since you always come up with fun things to put on your blog, I guess you didn't set this up just to have something to write about....